A survival guide to everyday motherhood



About Me

My photo
I am a photography fanatic. I love taking pictures, tweaking pictures, and finding the beauty in every day items

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Marshmallow Cake


Lucy's birthday was this last Sunday and I was getting so excited over what kind of shape cake I would make her. After looking around and finding cakes that I thought would be to tough, I finally came up with a fun plumeria lei cake. All you need is...

Cupcakes
Large Marshmallows
Sprinkles/eatable glitter

Simply make a batch of cupcakes and frost them with whatever color you want. Then take some kitchen scissors and start to cut the marshmallows into lean slices. When you have the slices you want, take your eatable glitter/sprinkles and place them in the middle of the marshmallow. You should now have nicely colored petals. To assemble the plumeria, you will need 5 pieces for every flower. Make sure to let a little bit of room in the middle so you can place a candle. Now that you have all the cupcakes and flowers made, arrange the cupcakes to make them look like a lei.

Helpful Hint: Make sure to get your kitchen scissors a little wet to help you cut through the marshmallows without tearing them up. Don't get them too wet or else the water will make the marshmallows soggy.

21 comments:

  1. That is so cute! And Happy Birthday to Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very cute! I love that eatable glitter. It makes wonderful cakes. I love reading about all the things you do! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait a minute!! how did i miss lucy's bday?? do we get to see pics?? did she love every minute of her big day??

    happy bday sweet girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea - those are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are gorgeous! Thank you so much for the idea. I am definitely making those at our next family get together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! I'm in birthday planning mode here too. Only 6 more weeks. What am I going to do?? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I will be waiting for a birthday to try this one. I LOVE MARSHMALLOWS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfect serving size and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so pretty and a great idea! It seems too easy.
    Happy 1st birthday Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute and fun!! You should check our blog out. Emery's Birthday was on the 4th of October and we did Icecream Cone Cupcakes. They were way easier than we thought.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! These are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    Happy birthday Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are way cute! I will have to try some! So did you say you were coming to Arizona? I totally want to see you! Lucy is adorable and want to see how big she is! Almost one? They grow SO fast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are cute! Love the marshmallow flower idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOW CUTE, and seriously yummy looking. I will have to keep these in mind

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute idea. Think I'll be making these for Peanut

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow...this is an adorable idea! So glad I stumbled upon it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello
    acomplia online

    It was Europe who first started to use this drug together with diet and exercise with patients having a BMI of greater than 30.
    [url=http://www.jomtienbeachhotel.com/]acomplia price[/url]
    Lose weight today
    Buy Acomplia online without prescription.
    http://www.jomtienbeachhotel.com/ - discount acomplia

    It was Europe who first started to use this drug together with diet and exercise with patients having a BMI of greater than 30.

    ReplyDelete