A survival guide to everyday motherhood



About Me

My photo
I am a photography fanatic. I love taking pictures, tweaking pictures, and finding the beauty in every day items

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Be a Cooking Loaf and Make Some Easy Meatloaf


It is time for my Easy Saturday Cooking Recipe. I have here the best and easiest meatloaf ever. I have made this for our family and for families when they need a dinner, you know, they just had a baby, just moved in next door, the wife is sick...you know....that easy can-do recipe that can help a family out, but not keep you tied up in the kitchen. And they have all said the same thing...

" I am really not a fan of meatloaf, but this was really good!"

So there you have it! A meatloaf for none meatloaf lovers...and for you loaf lovers out there (like me) you will like it even more!

It is real simple, you just need...

1 1/2 of ground beef
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1 dash of pepper
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup of milk
1 chopped onion
1/2 cup diced green peppers
1/3 cup of steak sauce (like Hienz 57)

Mix it all into a bowl, but only use about 3-4 tablespoons of the steak sauce. Then after molding the meat into a bread pan, spread the remaining steak sauce on top. Bake for 1 hour at 350*

If you want a healthier choice...I like to use ground turkey meat sometimes

14 comments:

  1. I love meatloaf, can't wait to try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been able to make good meatloaf but this looks pretty easy. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost like what I make. ;-) Good recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good and I'm a loaf lover except the hubby has never liked anyones meatloaf since his mothers so I don't even try anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely not a meatloaf lover, so this should be right up my alley, right?
    Thanks for the recipe :)

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your blog!! My wife and I had our first little one about a week ago, and as we struggle a bit through parenting 101, we have found you!! I was actually up late one night looking at blogs of people who 1.) play Settlers of Catan and 2.) aren't strange (you guys don't dress up to play right??), and found your blog, which has been a Godsend. Thanks for your sense of humor and honesty about parenting and life after kids (both of which are not as easy as I thought they would be). We to are in a new area, away from family and trying to do the best we can with this little one, and it's a relief to read your posts.
    Thank you again for your blog and sharing your thoughts on family life. Just know that there is a family down south who is right there with you. Thanks again, and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when people post recipes on their blogs. I've eaten meatloaf, but never made it...I've never known how. But this looks simple enough...I'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband hate meatloaf. Maybe I should try again with this recipe though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this. I am a BIG fan of easy, and taste, recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not a fan of meatloaf, either but looking at those ingredients, I don't know why I can't become one. Looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks very good...and I am a longstanding fan of meatloaf :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy I will need to try this. Do people still bring over dishes when people are ill, have a baby or there is a family death? I live in a pretty cool neighborhood but no one ever brought me a covered dish after I had my 10pounder and I could have used it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a great recipe! My mom always put tomato sauce on top and that is what I do too since that is what I grew up on. It turns my stomach when I see ketchup poured on top- blech! I will definitely be bookmarking this one!

    ReplyDelete