A survival guide to everyday motherhood



About Me

My photo
I am a photography fanatic. I love taking pictures, tweaking pictures, and finding the beauty in every day items

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love = Glass Bottle Sodas


Curtis and I aren't the most coventional romantic people out there. We do a lot of high fives, some times video games, I mean... come on...our wedding song was a rock song "I Won't Spend Another Night Alone" by The Ataris. Lets just say.....um...we have our own kind of romance.

The past couple years Curtis and I haven't spent Valentines on Valentines. We hate the long wait at resturants, flowers are more expensive, and movies are jammed. So we always celebrate this love day a little late. But still on Valentines we try to do something nice to acknowledge the day.


Like this Valentines, we decided that we wouldn't celebrate till we got up to Anchorage and then we would go out to a nice dinner and well, actually I don't know what else, because my husband said the magic words I love to hear, " Don't worry about it....I'll take care of everything" That sentence alone is enough to give me goose bumps. But even with our delay of celebration, this day that was suppose to be nothing different, actually turned out to be one of the best Valentines so far.

Our apartment has nothing but a TV, a computer, and a twin bed that we are sharing in the living room. So tonight we have been cuddled up on that crammed twin bed, rented some cute looking movies, ate great pizza. The movie we rented "I Could Never Be Your Woman" was one of the cutest romantic movies we have seen in a while. Really clean and just a bit quirky! But after our surprisingly cute movie, Curtis ran off to grab something. He then came back with a wonderful surprise.....

GOSSIP MAGAZINES

What can I say...I have a weakness for them; and my husband must really know me. He came walking into the apartment with a big goofy grin on his face and says, " I have a surpriiiiiise for you!". He walks right out in the hallway and tosses me an InTouch magazine; then says...."there's more". He then proceeds to toss in People and Star. NOT JUST ONE...BUT THREE MAGAZINES! I was drooling. He then comes walking in with glass bottles coke and Utah Apple Beer (which isn't beer, but an apple cider soda)

So, I hope you all had a great Valentines, because I sure did. Because, as we all know, nothing says romance like a twin bed, gossip magazines, and glass bottled soda!

19 comments:

  1. He told you he was going to take care of everything, didn't he?

    How sweet! He clearly knows you well!

    Happy weekend,

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post. I have just started one about family life too, nice to know there are lots of us out there doing the same stuff. The mags were a fab idea I hope you get some lovely time to read them, I got yellow gerbras which are my fave so that made me smile. Have a lovely lazy weekend
    Love vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the perfect kind of Valentine's Day, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it when Peter brings home gossip magazines for me. :-) There is nothing better than curling up on the couch (or lounging in the bathtub) with a drink and a gossip magazine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very entertaining post :) GO CURTIS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I am so with you on not going out on V-day. Yours sounded WONDERFUL and so relaxing! What a sweet hubby! And what a GREAT surprise. (Ok, and I gotta say- the snuggling on the twin bed with pizza is awesome!)

    I also LOVE gossip magazines- it's my guilty pleasure. My US Weekly subscription ended in December. (crying over here!) We don't usually do gifts for V-day, but my hubby surprised me with a renewal so I have 52 weeks of celebrity trash to read! Hopefully he will make it a tradition. >:)

    Enjoyed your blog! Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man...the gossip mags alone would have won me over. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had to spy on your blog since you were nice enough to leave a comment on mine - Thanks! :) Glad you had a nice little Valentines day with your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's better for every couple to have their own kind of romance, then to boring cookie cutter kind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwwwww! That was a great Valentine's Day! I think that you were the smartest to stay in on Valentine's Day. We tried to go on a date but everywhere was so crowded, that we ended up eating at a pork BBQ sandwich joint :)

    So...I know you are kind of busy right now, but I was wondering what is taking you to Alaska? My mom was born in Anchorage. (Her dad was Army)Are you all in the military? If you don't have time to respond I understand :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did not even know you could still get coke in glass bottles! Sounds like a great night!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so sweet! So much nicer than flower and candy! You have a sweetie there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So Sweet! These are the most precious memories!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a man!!! Similar to our Valentine's Day, only be bought me Chips Ahoy and root beer and Chinese takeout! So glad you had a FUN and ROMANTIC Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tossing tabloids your way???? um, he's a keeper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is nothing more romantic than a man who really knows who you are. I LOVE the gossip mags as a Valentine's Day gift. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great Valentines to me! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome blog...thanks for stopping by on one of my blogs today also...thats so great :-) I am a huge sucker for those gossip magazines too ;)

    ReplyDelete