1. I was born and raised in Alaska, in the same house... man... even in the same bedroom my whole entire life. I don't cope with change very well and now you can understand why.
2. I am the youngest of 6 crazy kids and now that I am a mom.... I have a whole new respect for my mom and what she has done... especially since we are all still alive and breathing.
3. I play 3 instruments; piano, guitar, and cello. I am best at piano then guitar and last cello. I still need to fully learn and master the cello, which is an instrument that I think is just beautiful. I have a talent for learning instruments fairly easily and my goal is to learn as many as I can.
4. I have lived in London.... and LOVED it!
5. I have married a man that grew up in throughout South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, and Chile. So he speaks English, Spanish, and Portuguese..... and yet I took Spanish 101 three times throughout High School. Languages are NOT my forte.
6. I have been a cheerleader for Purdue and UCLA college basketball
7. While in London, I lived next door to Matthew Mcconaughey. Some roommates and I would actually sit out on our stoop and do homework or read so we could see him come home. Yea... I use to think he was dreeeeamy. He was there apparently filming part of the movie Sahara.
8. I was born on Mother's day... I was the best peasant ever
9. SheDaisy was actually at my wedding reception. My husband lived in Tennessee for a little while and they go to the same church. Curtis's parents are friends with their family, so two of the three sisters were there.
10. I always have an unquenchable hunger for caramel apples, rice crispy squares, and laffy taffy.
Heidi from Viking Conquest asked,
"How warm does it get in Alaska during the summer, how cold does it get during the winter. Differences in lifestyle, have you've noticed a differnce between Alaska and other places in the US. Do you plan on settling in Alaska?"
Alaska actually has really nice weather. The summers are in the 70's-80's and everything is just green and beautiful. We get a nice breeze that keeps it from getting too hot, but wont mess up your hair. Plus with all the daylight my husband and I will play tennis till 11 PM. The winters aren't too bad either.... yea it can get come, but since the wind doesn't go crazy here it doesn't feel that cold. It isn't humid either... so if you take out that wet cold and the bitting wind cold... it actually isn't bad. I really like the winters here, they always have a really good Christmas and cozy feeling.
As for the difference in life style... yes... Alaskan are a lot more laid back. They only place I can compair it too is Hawaii. We are basically a cold version of Hawaii. People are really friendly, laid back, we kind of do our own thing up here sometimes.
And yes we plan on staying up here. We both just love it up here and love what Alaska has to offer. Sorry, I know I am going on and on, but I love it up here :)
April from Thoughts In My Tumultuos Brain asked,
"If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring THREE ITEMS (not including hubby and baby) what would they be?? And why??"
I don't know if this counts... but 1. A lifetime subscription to UsWeekly, InTouch, and all the other gossip magazines. I seriously have an addiction to them... I can have a crazy flustering day, but when my honey brings me home a magazine.... ahhhh... kick back on the couch and read my mag, always a good end to a day. 2. iPod... boring I know, but I could have some movies, music and my books on tape. I would go crazy if I didn't have music. I always have it playing throughout the house. 3. A family photo album... I'm sure it would probably make me more sad seeing the photos everyday, but I couldn't go very long without them.
My three favorite movies are, "The Power of One", "Crash", and "50 First Dates".
My three favorite books are, "Harry Potters", "To Kill a Mocking Bird", and "The Alchemist".
My three favorite musicians are, "ABBA", "Jack Johnson", and "Queen".... I have to throw in Aerosmith, The Ataris, and Simon & Garfunkle.
OhMommy from Classy Chaos asked,
"What makes you happy? Use all 5 senses"
Sight - Daffodils... those always make me happy... always.
Touch - Um... this might sound weird, but my ears. I have the softest and smoothest ears, with practically no cartilage. I find myself playing and fiddling with my ears a lot.
Smell - Plumerias! If you ever go to Hawaii... when you walk off that plane and take your first step off into the airport that smell that hits you of all the plumerias... oh my gosh. Nothing will ever smell better.
Hear - My Lucy laughing, she doesn't laugh very often, but she does smiles a lot. So every time she laughs it just melts my heart.
Thanks for all the great questions and I will answer more later, but this post has surprising taken a lot of time and if I answer anymore I think I am going to be up tooooooo late :) So.... hurray!!!! A 100 posts! Yea! And hopefully a 100 more to come... at least :)
Don't forget that Monday is coming up, so that means...... Family Moment Monday. Feel free to participate, just blog about something that is great to do as a family. Anything from fun family games, to appropriate movies, to tradition, or even subject to teach and talk to your children about. I will have Mr. Linky up and running again :)