Ohhhh finally, my husband is back home with us. I know this is going to sound cheesy, but we have never been apart from each other for more than one day. And these past three days my sweet hubby has been gone camping with some of the youth in our church and now he is finally home. And well, not to be a complete sap, but I had no idea how much I would miss him being gone. Throughout the day I would notice things that I had missed about him, a few being...
- I didn't have a reason to eat junk food as much. If Curtis doesn't already have it out, eating it on the couch, then I usually don't grab a handful. So this one is a blessing and a curse!
- Had no idea how hard it would be trying to fall asleep without him. I finally had to move on his side of the bed to get myself to fall asleep.
- I didn't realize HOW MUCH he made me laugh. As soon as he got home I was laughing and rollin' all over the place. No one can make me smile and crack-up like Curtis.
- My motivation to cook was completely GONE! I mean goooooone! I did not cook one single meal the whole time he was camping. I lived mostly off sandwiches, cereal, and made a couple fast food trips. I just couldn't get myself to pump out a casserole when it was mainly just me eating.
- Okay, this might not be a good one, but my house was sooooo much cleaner. Seriously! When I cleaned up a room and returned.... guess what!? IT WAS STILL CLEAN! No kidding! I am for real! I always figured my house fell apart because I have a kid now and that is what happens. But apparently no! It was Curtis this whole time. Ha ha. So, now that he is back... I can't help but smile every time I see a little pile of crap that Curtis has left lying around. Granted... it isn't THAT cute, but now that my eyes have been opened to the truth... I can't help but chuckle.
- With out Curtis around I couldn't find my stuff as much. He always knows where my shoes are, or jewelry, socks, iPod, running shoes, hair clips.... everything. I don't know how he does it, but he is like the all powerful OZ when it comes the knowledge of random items that are lying around.
- He gets excited over so many little things. He is always throwing out ideas or plans of what we need to do or what we need to save up and buy so we can go (insert here) and do (insert here). He is so cute, he just loves planning out stuff and thinking of all the fun we can have.
- My cuddle buddy. I know some guys don't really like to cuddle, but he is soooo snugly. Every single night we watch a movie or the TV, not cause we have to watch TV , but we just like having to reason to settle down and snuggle.
- Curtis is way into running and has helped me start to fall in love with running all over again. Especially, since he is training for a marathon right now, so I have been trying to run/train too. Yea.... I didn't do as much with him gone :)
- His shower jell. We both have body wash, but we also both use the same loofah. Every time I take a shower I can always smell his good jell on the loofah still. By the third day, I couldn't really smell it at all.
- My hubby has the cutest smile. He just has this bright crooked smile that is so him. He has a personality that is to the beat of his own drum and a smile to match. I have never really seen anyone with such a cute, crooked smile. All he needs is a little twinkle star to shine every time he flashes those pearly whites and it will be perfect :)
So, thank goodness my hubby is back and I can enjoy him again. Plus, it was the first time Curtis has been gone since having our daughter... and... well.. it was interesting seeing what it was like being a single mom. I am proud to say, that I at least didn't go out of my mind :) yeaaaa me!