A survival guide to everyday motherhood



About Me

My photo
I am a photography fanatic. I love taking pictures, tweaking pictures, and finding the beauty in every day items

Friday, July 25, 2008

Thai Food You Will Love

I am a huge fan of trying different foods, especially foreign foods. I always find it exciting when my husband and I find a new "whole in the wall" place and try out something like... Ohhh I don't know... El Salvadorian food.... and yes... it's good. But my alllll time favorite food is Thai food. I have heard many people say they have tried it and say they don't like it or that it is too spicy, well that is because they haven't gotten the right thing.

So, instead of giving a new recipe that will have us whipping something up in the kitchen I am telling you some simple steps that will have to closer to tasting some yummy Thai food...

1. Step out of the kitchen
2. Look up a Thai restaurants number
3. Call restaurant and order Gai Kua, Pad Thai, and order of Fresh Rolls
4. Enjoy and savor every bite!

Both Gai Kua and Pad Thai are noodle dishes that are NOT spicy. They come with some veggies and meat, both very VERY good. Fresh Rolls are a un-fried egg roll, sort of. Every restaurant is different, but they mostly consist of things like egg, tofu, noodles, cilantro, and cucumber; wrapped up nicely in a circular noodle and you dip them in an amazing sauce that I have yet to figure out what it is, but I know it is yummy.

So there you go! You don't need a new recipe, but a new restaurant! Go have some fun with your honey, go out on a date night and try something new. I have introduced these dishes to sooooo sooooo many people and have yet to find someone who doesn't like Pad Thai, Gai Kua, and Fresh Rolls.

16 comments:

  1. Thanks! I have NEVER had Thai since I hate spicy food and just assumed that anything Thai would be spicy. I will look forward to seeking out a Thai restaurant near me and giving it a try. Maybe I too can be adventurous when it comes to foreign food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great advice.
    I like spicy, but I will try your recommendations.
    After I find a Thai restaurant that is not 45 minutes away...ugh!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pad Thai is one of my favorite dishes in the world. I just can't find a Thai place around here that makes is properly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the suggestion I think I have figured out tomorrows dinner

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried Thai food - it sounds really good! I'm sure there's a restaurant around here somewhere :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Thai food! We have a great restaurant in the area. Maybe I'll have to talk hubby into going there for lunch. We recently tried Phad Sea Eew. It's not overly spicy either. Also, you can order dishes mild. They may still have a kick to them, but usually it's not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. email me, I got a yummr recipe for those spring rolls (without) the sauce, we just have lots of different dipping sauces, like sweet and sour, teriyaki, hot and spice ect. they are so easy to make. allknames@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just went to a local Dragon Boat Festival and I was sooooo remiss I didn't have Pad Thai.

    I had to pass when my husband attempted to convince me to try the monkey balls....eWWWW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. now this is a recipe i can handle!!

    love me some thai food!!

    seriously delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE chicken pad thai. I'm a wimp about trying new food though, I just am. I'm better than I used to be, growing up slowly. It's all in my head. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can your next post tell me how to make a Big Mac or Whopper? that would be impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thai food intimidates me too. Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely try those Pad Thai noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love pad thai but I will have to try other things the next time I go to a Thai restaurant.

    I have a recipe of how to make Pad Thai on my recipe blog... yet I don't know if I would ever want to make it or just continue going out to eat it.. ha ha

    ReplyDelete