- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 cup water
- 6 green bell peppers
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 TBS of BBQ sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 350* degrees
2. Cook the rice in rice cooker or pot. In pan, start cooking the beef.
3. Remove the tops and seeds of peppers. Cut of a bit of the bottom if you are having a hard time keeping the peppers up right.
4. In a bowl mix beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, bbq sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper (onion & cheese also, if you are adding those). Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper.
5 Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl and pour over the stuffed peppers.
6. Bake 1 hour, if you want to baste the peppers with tomato sauce they will come out more tender. Do this about every 15 mins... I don't usually do this and they still turn out good.