A survival guide to everyday motherhood



About Me

My photo
I am a photography fanatic. I love taking pictures, tweaking pictures, and finding the beauty in every day items

Monday, September 15, 2008

Scene It DVD game

FAMILY MOMENT MONDAY
Finding a game that is great for all ages can be hard to do. With kids varying in ages and interests, it is tough to get them to agree on a game to even play sometimes. So, instead of fighting over whether the family is going to play Polly Princess Dress Up or fight for global domination in Risk, have your family try one of the "Scene It" games.

In "Scene It" players answer trivia questions about films or pop culture. The game comes with a DVD that shows clips, puzzles, word scrambles, and pictures that have to do with movies. Players must answer and move their pieces around the board to win. It is a simple enough game, but truly one that Curtis and I have enjoyed.

The original "Scene It" isn't really appropriate for younger children, because they probably won't know the movies, but the company has other "Scene It" editions that are appropriate for all ages. These ones include fun family themes of, Harry Potter - edition 1 & 2, Disney editions 1 & 2, Nickelodeon, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Disney Channel.

They are really as much fun, or even more, than the original "Scene It". Curtis and I have played the Harry Potter one many times with friends and with our nieces and nephews. It's fun to see how they have made each edition themed with the game. For example, in the Harry Potter one, you can play as Hedwig, the Sorting Hat, Hogwarts Express, or the Snitch. You can win House Points for your team and answer muggle facts. It is really fun to see the creativity that is put into each game.

You can find the games at most places like Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, or anywhere on-line and they cost anywhere from $14.00 to $34.00. That can depend on what edition you get to where you buy it from. Amazon.com is a great place to purchase them for a good price normally. I would suggests the Harry Potter, Disney , or Scene It Jr. edition if there are children playing. To check out a list of all their editions, check here, they have them listed for their age suggestions.


18 comments:

  1. I love this game... I'm awful at the original… I love the Disney version. But I have to say my hubby is the movie guy. He remembers and can quote entire movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i sooo love scene it!! my hubby recently bought the version for the xbox 360, too. it's equally as fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great idea. I am desperately looking for games that both my boys can enjoy together. I will definitely check out the Disney edition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little ones have not "scene" enought to play this game, but I will keep it in mind.

    On Saturday we bought Trouble...well, what a hit! My boys are 3.5 and 4.5 and they LOVE it...then after they went to bed hubby and I played it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family loves scene it. We have played several editions and the kids of course love the nick one. I have mixed feelings with it as I think, "oh boy they must watch way too much tv if they know all of these!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, you and your addicting electronic games--sucking me in--not caring if I ever do my work again . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. This game is so much fun. The only thing is it proves how bad I am at trivia!! Haha. I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love this game. We always play the Disney version. Although the whole family refuses to play with me anymore because I always win.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Disney version, it is so much fun! I'll have to check out the Harry Potter one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have the Disney version and love it! The kids love that they can beat their dad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too love the Scene it games! I am a sucker for board games can't resist them..especially if I see them on sale ;)

    To answer your question your hair has to be at least 8 inches long to donate it for a children's wig but they really prefer to to be 12 inches. I may be waiting years!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love Scene it and there is nothing better than a girls night in with pizza and Friends Scene it
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am obsessed with games right now. i have played Shout, a similar game, but never this one. right now i am on a Monopoly kick and cant seem to get enough of it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could probably use one of these in my classroom with students that really dislike reading. Looks like it would be something of interest for them and they would have to recall information!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We just played Disney Scene It tonight for FHE. We all love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A friend of mine loves to play games. It's been so long for me that I think I've forgotten how to!

    ReplyDelete