A survival guide to everyday motherhood



About Me

My photo
I am a photography fanatic. I love taking pictures, tweaking pictures, and finding the beauty in every day items

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

How To Do Date Night

Lucy is now 3 1/2 months old and I think Curtis and I have had maybe 4 dates....and that's if you can call them dates. We have gone to a movie once, dinner once, and then two full-blown dates. We have really tried to go out more and have some alone time, but here in collegeville there aren't very many teenage girls that you can hire for babysitting. But the saddest part of this whole situation isn't that we haven't had more alone time, but that there are couples out there that have it worse than us!



Date nights are super important for you, your marriage, and even your child. I find that I am a lot more patient with Lucy when I have had some breaks. Also Curtis and I are much more loving and understanding with each other when we gets some alone time where we aren't saying "Can you pass me her blanket" "Did she poop last time we changed her diaper" " Oh that rash is getting worse" ...... as you can see the life of parenthood is a nightlight lit evening filled with diapers and baby monitors.



Date nights are not only good for you and your husband, but for your child as well. It is good for you baby to get out and be around new people, see that there is a world away from mommy and daddy, and to learn something different from their routine. It is good for babies to get use to being around different environments and situations. It will help your child be more flexible; which to me is very important. I have seen too many of my friends kids get too attached to mommy to the point they have a hard time getting things done cause the child can't be left alone, held by someone else, or handle a shift in their daily routine.


So if not for you, for your baby. Go out there and get back into the dating world with your husband! You deserve it! Plus it is always good for your children to see that their parents are in a loving and a stable relationship, that they care for each other and take time for each other!

2 comments:

  1. Nicely put Melissa--and I like the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My baby is 16 months old and we've been on 1 official date in that time. I'm only just now getting the urge to go on more dates...I'm very pathetic.

    ReplyDelete