It has quickly become a favorite in our family and if you are looking to introduce it to your minions... I mean...um... children, then all you need is...
• 2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
• 2 carrots, peeled , chopped
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 2 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 ½ cup milk, divided
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• ½ pound processed American Cheese, cubed
• ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine water, potatoes, carrots, onion, jalapeno and garlic. Sprinkle salt and bouillon over the mixture. Bring to boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 mins, until potatoes are tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until brown, drain.
3. Stir cooked beef and 2 cups milk into the soup and heat through. Combine remaining ½ cup
4. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese until melted. Season with cayenne and serve!
TIP: For the jalapenos I usually buy the canned diced jalapenos and just use a TBS of that. We like ours spicy so sometimes we do 2 TBS. If you are worried that it will be too much for children... though I don't think 1 TBS will be... just make sure that there are no seeds. It is mainly the seeds that add the REAL hotness. So, just look out for those before you throw any peppers in and you should be safe.