A survival guide to everyday motherhood



About Me

My photo
I am a photography fanatic. I love taking pictures, tweaking pictures, and finding the beauty in every day items

Friday, August 22, 2008

Chocolate Cherry Cola Cake



Have a sweet tooth? Well, then I have a good chocolate cherry cola cake that will be your down fall! Sound tempting... heck yea! All you need is...


  • 1 box Devil Food cake mix
  • 1 jar (10 oz) maraschino cherries with juice
  • 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
  • 1 cup cherry cola carbonated beverage
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 container whipped vanilla frosting
  • 1 cup marshmallow creme
  • 24 maraschino cherries with stems if you want to decorated the cake
1. Heat oven to 350* degree. Chop up maraschino cherries and set aside

2. Take box cake (don't make it like the instructions on the back on the box), but take the cake powder and mix with cola, oil, eggs, and 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice. Then throw in chopped cherries and beat for about 2 mins. Pour batter into pan.

3. Bake 35-43 mins. Cool completely.

4. In small bowl mix frosting and the marshmallow creme together and frost the cake. If you want a nice decoration, then add some maraschino cherries on top or chocolate chips.

19 comments:

  1. I've heard of this recipe before and even eaten the cake, but it never looked as good as the picture you have! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good! My hubby loves chocolate cherry so I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - this would be the death of me! I'll have to try it out...it looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get thee behind me devil's food cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so yummy! I think I might make this tonight since my sister is coming over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby would probably love this because he loves those kind of cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually think I could devour that whole thing myself. Honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Carol. That would be a cake I would NOT make just for that simple fact. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one I will definitely have to try!!! Looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I liked those cherries, and coke, because I LOVE cake adn that looks GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have started making my kid's birthday cakes. I am getting tired of the same old box mix. This recipe sounds perfect and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. actually I don't like Maraschino cherries and I really liked this cake. It was yummy, the hubby went crazy for it and he doesn't like them either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhhh, that looks good! Two of my favorite sweets... chocolate and cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi~ Stopping by from WFMW and may have to try this recipe. . . seriously ( : Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was my husband's favorite cake (minus the cherries)as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete