A survival guide to everyday motherhood



About Me

My photo
I am a photography fanatic. I love taking pictures, tweaking pictures, and finding the beauty in every day items

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Twilight

Okay, people. I have officially jumped on the Twilight band wagon. The reason I have been gone these past few days is that...
.
One, I was taking a small break from blogging to get the blog organized and together (that loosing translates to I was going through a blogging funk) and...


Reason two is because I finally started reading Twilight and well... it took a bit to get into it and I had to roll my eyes over the teen romance parts, but then out of no where.... BAM I got COMPLETELY SUCKED IN. The last 150 pages of the book is completely page turning and I am embarrassed to admit this, but liked it. I even went out and bought the second book called "New Moon". So, hopefully I will be caught up to speed with all four books by the time the movie comes out.


If any of you out there is looking for a non-serious read, just something kind of light and fun, you might want to try it. Again... it is a little slow in the beginning, but definitely worth the read in the end. :)

P.S. And for you all who haven't heard about this book or don't know what it is about, then just find some teenage girl that is suddenly boy crazy, swooning, and talking non stopped about vampires... seriously. And remember when I say this... the book is completely cheesy, but still unavoidably good.

19 comments:

  1. Everybody and their dog has talked about these books but I'm up to number 12 on the waiting list at the library for it. I think I just need to break down and buy it doncha think?? I saw the advertisement for the movie. I love the guy playing the lead. He's Jennie Garths husband and I've always liked them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I have heard a lot about this series but haven't read it yet. I think I will definitely put it on my reading list since so many people have loved it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing about this book and I guess I'll have to break down and get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants series a year ago... it was fabulous! Where were all these books when I was a teen! OK,I will go check out Twilight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. guess i need to jump right on your bandwagon!!

    wouldn't it be fun if we could all meet up in real life and see the movie??

    one can dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so much about these books, I just want to read them to see what all the fuss is about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read it. We should read it together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a really good series. It's amazing how it just pulls you in and you can't put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, some of the parts are cheesy, and she talks about Edward's perfect looks a bit too much, but don't be embarrassed that you liked it. I just finished Breaking Dawn. And I think that you would probably like the playlists that Stephenie Meyer has on her website for the books. She has some great music on them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll admit that I'm addicted to the books too. I just finished reading the whole series for a third time. Its one of those books that you just don't want it to end. I have to admit though that New Moon was my least favorite of the series. So if you don't like it that well just know that Eclipse is really, really good and so is Breaking Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought it was more romantic then cheesy, but I like mushy stuff. Glad it sucked you in. And, I agree, her playlists are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have another blog that i read where she was talking about a party she and her friends went to for the last book release. seriously, i guess i am going to have to read them for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need a good read - I think I will check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny I just put that book on hold at the library so that I could get on board with the whole Twilight series crap. It's not my style of read but a lot of people I really like are talking this book up BIG time.

    I have to see what I'm missing out on and I'm anticipating a lot of eye rolling.

    I can't wait to see what I've been missing out on!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I keep hearing about this book and I'm not above reading teen stuff, but i'm reluctant because of the vampires. I am a HUGE wimp! I don't do scary AT ALL. So, what's your opinion? Is it scary?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to the club, Melis. You might as well just kiss the next week goodbye and go buy all 4 books. They're just that good. Why? No idea. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel the same as Jillian. I had bought Twilight and was using as a mouse pad for my lap top while on vacation and my cousin's wife was taken aback. She said "you're using Twilight as a mouse pad?" I hadn't read it yet, just thought I would grab a book while in Target and picked that one. Read the first 3 in 6 days and BD in 16 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How far in New Moon are you? I literally stayed up until 2 am three nights in a row on Twilight, New Moon & Eclipse. Then, I had to wait a few days for Breaking Dawn to come out. Don't forget to read her website for the first chapter of Midnight Sun and the outtakes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got sucked into it too! I avoided it at first, but gave in about a month ago and whoosh! I was absorbed haha I have read all 4 books now :-)

    ReplyDelete