But all jokes aside, I truly love Polish food because it tends to have easy instructions, cheap ingredients, and tasty dishes. One of my favorite dishes to make is my Polish Cabbage Casserole, because it takes about 15mins to prepare and costs about $6 total..... honestly, how can you beat that?
So, here is another yummy recipe called Kapusta that some of you might be brave enough to try. All you need is...
- 1 lb. Salt Pork (dice it)
- 1 medium cabbage head, cored and shredded
- 1 (16 oz) package medium egg noodles
- ground black pepper to taste
2. Add the shredded cabbage with the salt pork and cook over medium-low heat until tender, stirring to coat the cabbage with the salt pork juices.
3. Meanwhile cook the egg noodles in a pot of water and drain. When the cabbage has cooked completely, stir the egg noodles in with the cabbage and season with black pepper for taste.
I know the recipe doesn't call for much and while cooking it you may doubt the outcome, but this dish is surprisingly tasty. My husband was a huge fan and couldn't get enough and I thought it was a fun dish especially when you are tired of the normal day to day stuff.